Re: [MiNT] PCI bios, calling conventions (XPCI?)

On Wednesday 7 May 2008, Gerhard Stoll wrote:

> No, Hades and Milan[1] have only the cookie. Jean-Marc Stocklausen
> from Renaissance make the XBIOS interface. I can't understand french:
> -------------------------------cut-------------------------------
> J'ai donc écrit XPCI afin de permettre au soft qui utiliseront la
> version 2.0 du PCI bios puissent fonctionner également sur Milan. En
> espérant, qu'il n'y aura pas de modifications qui
> rendent incompatible les fonctions en version 1.0 et 2.0
> Il faudrait que la version 2.0 du PCI Bios supporte les 2 types
> d'appels...

"I wrote XPCI to allow software that will make use of the 2.0 version of
the PCI BIOS to also be functional on the Milan. Hopefully, there won't
be modifications that would make the functions from version 1.0 and 2.0
incompatible. Ideally, version 2.0 of the PCI BIOS should support the 2
types of calls..."

JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire