Re: [MiNT] freemint & xaaes release

Hi,

On Sunday 08 June 2008, Peter Slegg wrote:
> > Maybe it's also a good idea to make a new release of the freemint
> > kernel. I know that a lot of people already regulary use the the
> > current-cvs version of freemint & xaaes, so it seems to be pretty
> > stable :-)
> >
> > I like to release it under 1.16 version number. I'll move the 1.16
> > branch tag to the HEAD and adjust the version number. I already have an
> > almost finished rpm-spec file for an easier sparemint installation. So
> > we can keep 1.17 for development.
> >
> > What's your opinion? Any comments, critical bugs or problems? Is it
> > stable or does anyone have serious problems?
> >
> > Anyone who like to help (default configuration, documentation,
> > installation)?
>
> Has there been any progress on a new release ?

Btw. Has anybody tested whether FreeMiNT & XaAES still work under
plain 68000?   The latest binary release here (from 2006) was fixed for
that:
	http://xaaes.atariforge.net/download.php?product=xaaes

and seems to work fine in the latest Hatari emulator (under its ST, STe, TT
and Falcon emulation when using EmuTOS).

	- Eero

I don't have a need for it to work on plain 68000, especially now that
Hatari supports TT/Falcon, I'm just curious...