[MiNT] problem with includepath in mintlib

Hi,

I'm playing with mintlib cross compilation and I again noticed strange bug which appears at least to me since I tried to cross compile mintlib for the first time.

It's the line in checkrules and buildrules:

-I$(top_srcdir)/mintlib -I$(top_srcdir)/stdlib -I$$(<$(top_srcdir)/includepath)

when I use $(top_srcdir)/includepath with some paths, gcc will completely ignore it. After closer look I see it just uses '-I' (but this is only visible in debug output -- on the screen that command looks right!) instead if -I/and/whatever/was/int/that/file ... funny thing, when I copy&paste the broken compilation command, compilation succeeded.

I tried this:

-I$(top_srcdir)/mintlib -I$(top_srcdir)/stdlib -I`cat $(top_srcdir)/includepath`

i.e. I did the same, just used another syntax -- and it works. My question is -- what's wrong here? It seems like some macro-expansion problem but I wasn't able to catch it.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org