Re: [MiNT] Gentoo/FreeMiNT

Miro Kropacek píše v Po 03. 11. 2008 v 10:49 +0100:

> And the last note: do you think using gentoo is the best choice? I
> mean, surely most of Atari users would be happy to compile (in case
> they even want to compile anything) stuff via cross compiler so in my
> eyes something like CLFS (cross linux from scratch) or systems with
> support for more architectures (opensuse for example)

Definitely go for opensuse... I'll go for Debian then. Hopefully
somebody else will then come up with Ubuntu etc.

I believe we can easily reach the moment when each MiNT user gets their
own unique distro.

Petr

P.S. frankly, why gentoo when there was sparemint? Note that I don't
like either of it as I am Debian positive (for good reasons) - I am just
real curious why this "distro split" come to our 10-users world...