[MiNT] NVDI + XaAES + MiNT troubles

Hello, i recently got a Atari TT, with a CrazyDots graphics card
(ET4000 VME card), and i've installed EasyMiNT using xaaes+Teradesk
for the desktop, this all works perfectly on the TT's native graphics,
i've tried installing NVDI 5 to use the CrazyDots graphics card
instead, so my AUTO\ now looks something like this:

NVDI
Selectdev
redirect
Mint

i can perfectly fine use this setup to boot to the ROM GEM with NVDI
on the graphics card, and its nice and zippy, but ofcourse, not very
usefull.

On MiNT, i can see the kernel bootup msgs just fine on the graphics
card output, and i've setup my TT to startup with a console login, so
i can login and use the commandline fine, if i invoke xaaes though, it
will startup, and display copyright notice etc. and then hangs (ctrl-C
or ctrl-z dont do a thing) at: "Loading AES Device drivers"

I've been told to try several values for video=n in the xaaes.cnf,
i've tried 26 (but i think thats falcon mode), 1, and leaving it out,
none works. Now, this is all when trying to use the NVDI ET4000 modes
(NVDI pops up a gui on the native graphics for 3 seconds where you can
select mode) if i select the "TT Medium" in the NVDI menu, it still
boots up on the CD Card, and xaaes _does_ startup, and works perfectly
(and nice and zippy!) but its in monochrome, and changing to any other
graphics mode in either the xaaes or teradesk resolution changer does
nothing.

i've typed over the xa_boot.log, but i dont really think theres much
usefull information in it.

-----------------------

[ snipped copyright info ]

bootmessage ok!
setup_handler_table ok!
set bit 3 in conterm ok!
nkc_init ok!
load adi modules
Creating XaAES kernel thread
Install 'nAES' cookie..
Installed 'nAES' cookie in readable memory at 116A000
nvdi version = 502
Screenmode is:1

My excuses if this is perhaps not the correct list to post user
troubles to, but i think that the people of #atariscne have enough of
a headache by now! :-)