Re: [MiNT] VDI? (was Re: an urgent GEM question :-)

on 12/26/08 4:31 PM, Joakim Högberg wrote:

> It is indeed a great shame that NVDI never had its sources released.
> The reason given by the authors was that some of the code
> was copyrighted by other companies. And also, that some of their own
> current software was based on the code/knowledge from NVDI (IIRC),
> and they did not want to adventure their own livelyhood.
>
> In any way, it seems there is no way any of the NVDI code will ever
> surface as GPL or similar. Sad as it is.
>
> Out of curiosity, did anyone look into the ovdi sources at all last year?

One would think they could at least release some documentation about
creating custom drivers for it.

But on the other hand when I bought the Hades you had to buy a special Rage
Pro version of nvdi. Not sure if that was some scam, just nvdi with
different drvV*.sys files or if in fact NVDI is not as modular as one
assumes. That always made we wonder.

I did checkout a copy of ovdi back then, still on the hard drive.  I never
did get around to testing it.  Easily distracted with other things.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/