Re: [MiNT] an urgent GEM question :-)

>> I don't think it was intended to work, in a graphics mode at least.
>> If you look at the actual VDI call number for v_dspcur() it's in the
>> same group as v_enter_cur(), v_exit_cur(), v_curdown(), v_eeol(),
>> v_rvon(), etc. That is, functions that mainly make sense for a text
>> based (non-graphics) mode.
>
> For positioning the alpha cursor the function vs_curaddress is defined.

That's why I was (in the very next paragraph) talking about the
"hardware mouse cursor".

You may not remember it, but it used to be possible to have a real
mouse pointer in DOS text mode software, provided you had the right
hardware. See for example http://support.microsoft.com/kb/85440/de
where they say the following: