Re: [MiNT] Commandline handling in the kernel

Alan Hourihane wrote :
I've noticed there are references to a maximum cmdline length of 128 in
the kernel sources, yet I know in bash I can pass much longer cmdlines
and things work.

Can anyone explain things ?

Hello, Alan.

The standard TOS command line is 128 characters long. Because it is too few, "The ARGV protocol" has been used to increase this limit (it has been very well documented - I don't remember where). Basically, the idea is to put the command line arguments into the environment, so the command line can be virtually infinite.

--
Vincent Rivière