Re: [MiNT] Info Files

Mark Duckworth wrote:
Hey guys,

It seems all our packages use /usr/info/ for info storage but now it seems that the standard place is /usr/share/info. Do we want to start moving it or force the packages to adapt to our needs?

Thanks,
Mark

I've researched the issue and am deciding to build all packages to /usr/share/info rather than the old /usr/info in order to attempt to achieve FHS compliance. This will assist in future porting efforts as well as having other benefits. I will be building the new texinfo (which I am building for the sake of binutils and other stuff) using /usr/share/info unless someone complains.

Thanks,
Mark