Re: [MiNT] GDB

David Brownlee wrote :
On Tue, 18 Feb 2009, Peter Slegg wrote:

Is there a better way of using gdb than just running it from
bash ?

There are some "gui" front-ends but I assume they don't work with
Mint. http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/links/

    For the frontends which interact entirely by sending commands
    to gdb and reading back the output you should be able to
    run them on another box and set gdb to be a command which
    uses ssh to the atari to run gdb there.

    Aternatively you could try gdbserver, but thats likely to
    be mre fun getting it built etc :)
    http://www.cucy.net/lacp/archives/000024.html

I recently patched and compiled gdbserver for MiNT, I have advertised it here. It is available on my page.
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/
There is a GDB section near the middle. Everything is explained with details.

I was able to run the ddd graphical frontend on Cygwin/Windows for debugging programs running on ARAnyM.

The next step will be to port the latest gdb to MiNT.

--
Vincent Rivière