Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib for ColdFire

On 1 May 2009 at 11:17, p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk wrote:

> So with some work a TOS binary can be dis-assembled into M68k
> assembler.
>
> Could http://www.microapl.co.uk/asm2c/index.html  be used to convert
> it to C. A lot of work but for some crucial applications it might
> be worth it. I realise it might stretch the EULA a little bit but
> when the author/owner cannot be found who is going to complain for
> the quantity of users we are talking about ?

Hate to sound negative, but I see two problems:
1. Relogix generates C comments, function names, defines etc from those in the
assembler source. If the assembler source is a result of (mostly) automated
disassembly, the comments & labels will be meaningless, leading to meaningless
function names & defines = unmaintainable code.
2. It's expensive: the minimum charge of $2500 covers 10000 lines of assembler,
assuming "no special difficulties".  10000 lines would be on the small size for
a meaningful application.  What programs are worth $2500 or more to our group?

Roger