Re: [MiNT] EmuTOS for ColdFire

2 maj 2009 kl. 20.40 skrev Petr Stehlik:

And that would mean crippled binaries for old Atari users. 8/16/32 MHz
just got even slower.

I was under the impression that this thread was about running apps and OS on the ColdFire. Either I fail to spot the relevance of your statement - in this context - or maybe I misinterpret it alltogether.

It's not entirely uncommon to release several sets of binaries optimized for different CPUs, or to have different routines internally for different CPUs. It's definitely possible to make binaries which run fairly well on 68k as well as ColdFire, and in case there is a point in doing so - noone prevents coders from creating separate binaries.

-- PeP