Re: [MiNT] TosWin console

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 17:52:17 , Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr> wrote:
> Peter Slegg wrote:
> > bash-2.05a# stty onlcr > /dev/console
> > stty: standard input: unable to perform all requested operations
> >
> > TosWin 2.2 does the same too so I think we can rule that out.
>
> Sorry I didn't understood the problem was with /dev/console.
>
> The following command seems to fix the problems:
> stty -F /dev/console cooked
> It will display the same error message, but don't trust it, stty has
> actually made his job.
>
> For information, when "raw" is used instead of "cooked", it reverts to
> the "stairs" behaviour (and no error message is displayed).
>
> I'm not sure where the output of /dev/console should go, I remember
> having seen different results in different MiNT setups...
>
> The previous command worked for me, but I currently have a special
> version of FreeMiNT and stty, so I'm not sure it works everywhere.
>
> I looked at the source of stty, it uses <termios.h> and functions like
> tcsetattr() and friends... I'm absolutely not familiar with that stuff,
> but it appears there is a level of translation in the kernel at the tty
> level (of course these conversions does not occur in plain TOS).
>
> I believe the code related to that stuff is mostly correct (excepted the
> stty error message), but the defaults are probably wrong for the MiNT
> console since we experience stairs by default.

I just tried the stty command and it makes no change to the console
ouput.

Try this webpage http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Main_Page in Highwire.
It produces CSS stack underflow errors and in my set-up they are
staggered (staircased).

Incidentally I found a way to clear the console:

clear > /dev/console

Regards,

Peter