[MiNT] /kern/welcome copyright character

Hello.

I have noticed that when FreeMiNT boots, it displays some copyright notices, but the "copyright" character is replaced by an ugly other character.
We can see it again with:
$ cat /kern/welcome

This copyright character is properly defined in the source sys/info.c with the escape sequence \xbd which is the correct one in the Atari charset.

These messages are used in sys/kernget.c, in the function kern_get_welcome().
I'm very surprised there is the usage of a translation table named atarist_to_latin1 with destroys the copyright character.

Is there a reason for doing that ?
I was thinking Latin 1 was never used in MiNT...

--
Vincent Rivière