Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT initial key stuck

I added several debug traces in the FreeMiNT kernel to find where that repeated key comes from, I have been unable to find it. It seems that the initial character is inserted repeatedly by some mysterious background process into the console buffer, without triggering a keyboard event.

So I had an idea. EmuTOS (and probably TOS) uses the Timer C to handle the key repeat feature. FreeMiNT replaces the keyboard handlers. Would it be possible that the EmuTOS key repeat routine on Timer C is still called periodically ? I guess the EmuTOS keyboard routines are not called after FreeMiNT replaces them. So if EmuTOS key repeat feature is enabled by a long keypress at startup, it will never be stopped because it will never see the key release event.

What do you think ?

--
Vincent Rivière