Re: [MiNT] Keyboard Probs

Vincent Rivière wrote:
Alan Hourihane wrote:
There isn't a solid fix for this issue yet. I'm still working on it, but
it's a hard one.

Yes, it can't be fixed easily.
But now the problem is isolated: MiNT has to find a way for stopping the TOS/EmuTOS key repeat at startup.

In my dirty patch I simulated a keyup at startup, but unfortunately for that I used an undocumented keyboard vector only available on TOS 2+ and EmuTOS. I'm not sure if keyboard keys can be cleanly simulated without that vector.

Another solution could be to detect if a key is pressed at startup, then wait for it to be released. I don't know if this can be done cleanly with TOS.

Any other ideas are welcome. Our life will really be better after fixing this bug in a clean way.

Vincent,

I think this may be a different and additional problem from the one I'm seeing. My problem cannot be triggered in aranym, but the problem you're describing (repeat of they key at startup) I have most definitely experienced under aranym before. For me I learned to very carefully press one single key quickly and not hold it so I've been working around your bug for a long time :-P

Thanks,
Mark