Re: [MiNT] TosWin console

Am 23.08.2009, 14:31 Uhr, schrieb Vincent Rivière
<vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:

Reviving an old thread ...

So we just have to make a patch (somewhere in the kernel ?) to change the default behaviour of the console and it will be fine.

I've added this in XaAES (where it belongs and where it was set to RAW).

It is set to RAW first to avoid Control-keys
like ^S, ^C to have undesired side-effects. It's now later changed to
CRMOD, and RAW unset before the main-loop starts. Tests show that this
works.

Without the RAW-setting console-output would be ok, but then sometimes the
Control-keys don't work as expected (the COOKED-effect, I never saw this on aranym, only real atari). Additionally tty-state is set to "un-COOKED" periodically.

The stty-call is no more needed.

The main-problem is that Toswin-console and XaAES both use the same device, where one wants it COOKED, and the other RAW.

I will eventually give it another try to get everything into the repository soon ...

-Helmut