Re: [MiNT] Binutils 2.20 and GCC 4.4.2 native

Patrice Mandin wrote:
This weekend, I finished fixing SDL m68k asm code, so SDL-1.2 svn compiles for
Coldfire.

Excellent !

> I am not able to test it though, of course :).

Ah, I believe you can :-)
If you did it the same way I did in he MiNTLib :
- add #ifdef __mcoldfire__ where needed in assembler sources
- put compatible assembler in __mcoldfire__ blocks
you can compile a special debug version with -D__mcoldfire__
This way your C sources will be compiled to 68000 assembler, and your ColdFire (actually, compatible) blocks will be used. The resulting executable will be fully 68000 compatible, but it will use the ColdFire assembler blocks (slower on 68000). This way you will be able to debug your ColdFire blocks on any 68000 machine or emulator. Then you will have to compile with -mcpu=5475 to get a full ColdFire version.

I did that when porting EmuTOS, I found and fixed some bugs in my ColdFire code, then it worked out of the box on the real ColdFire 8)

I know very few about SDL, but if there is a VDI-only driver, and if some games does not use anything specific to the Atari hardware, we could be able to test it on a ColdFire evaluation board running Didier's FireTOS. And I hope we will be able to test games on the ACP prototypes in some weeks :-)

--
Vincent Rivière