Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

Am 29.11.2009, 13:05 Uhr, schrieb Lonny Pursell <atari@bright.net>:

stored similarly. Pretty sure that he did not check all possible pixel
layouts, only the ones he directly ran across.  So some hardware could
eventually come that breaks his checks.  Perhaps that's what is going on.

That's exactly what I came to.

I made a more robust test that checks all 3 RGB positions in all
combinations, regardless if I seen that layout or not. I discussed it with
ozk at some point and he admitted it was not the most robust test.

This would be needed in XaAES. The XaAES snap, which you wrote, is able to store from a 16-bit-video, so there is a way (of course ...). Would you be so kind to let us know the algorithm you use? I'm sure this would save lots of time.

BTW: XaAES-snap can't save 8-bit (which I can) nor 1-bit.

-Helmut