Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

Am 29.11.2009, 21:39 Uhr, schrieb Lonny Pursell <atari@bright.net>:

What I do is similar to ozk, but I test red, green, and blue separately.
Plot one red pixel, full brightness (1000) so you know it will be stored as $ff. Examine the result and determine where exactly it placed the value and
if its intel versus motorola format.  Then plot a green pixel, note it's
placement, plot a blue pixel and note it's placement. I also generate bit
shift amounts for each component and shift direction flags for later use, to
speed up screen drawing.

Thanks. I thought of some obscure format thats not intel or motorola and the bits for the colors are more ore less randomly placed. But it turns out that the detection in XaAES is faulty, I dont know where the error comes from yet. But when I use motorola as default, it works.

You really only want to test values that produce $ff, because if you plot
VDI values that are under that (less than 1000) the VDI can do rounding and

Yes, I was assuming that.

-Helmut