Re: [MiNT] XaAES crash errors

2009/12/7 Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:
> Paul Wratt a écrit :
>>>
>>> You should post here the relevant elements of the function in question
>>> and
>>> we will answer on a concrete example.
>>>
>> Thanks, I will be "explicit" with future posts
>
> This was the only problem here.
> Not a big issue.
>
>> I think the one this "doing theme related changes" qualifies as
>> "improving your C knowledge". The bit that is missing from every
>> bodies comments "as it has already been told here", is "XaAES is out
>> of your league".
>
> Certainly not, you already have obtained nice results.
> But I believe everyone will agree, the way you asked your questions about C
>  was quite scary. Because a little mistake on some pointer stuff can lead to
> disasters. That's all.
>
>> Again thanks to everyone for there advice, in future I will be more
>> explicit in my questions, with supplied code. I will also seek to NOT
>> make advanced changes with out doing incremental tests.
>
> Good.
>
>> ALSO, the question that was related to *, **, an &, my current
>> solution is to NOT use intermediate functions. This just meeans "code
>> double ups" for certain functions which was my greater concern (other
>> people reading the code, and extra binary space taken), but I can look
>> at that later on, when I do "have more experience".
>
> Once again, it is just a matter of precision of the question. If you post
> something like "How can I factorize the following 2 functions" here on this
> mailing list or in comp.lang.c, you will certainly get precise and
> ready-to-use answers.

yeah, its the lingo used to describe and ask questions, more than anything

>> ANYWAYs, anyone who does not know yes, a new version of MyAES should
>> be out "just now" (soon),
>
> I guess you are speaking about XaAES.

No, I expect will Olivier will put out a 0.93 within the coming weeks.
I will continue to post about any "point" releases I make of XaAES for
1.16, but there is still an issue with 1.17 meaning, I cannot test any
current additions or changes, simply, because they are mostly visual
changes. At some point I will do something for 1.17, but others are
currently looking at fixes, so its ok if the additions come a bit
later, at least I can use 1.16 as a testbed for any serious changes
that may affect stability, and the bonus being that 1.16 users will
get the benefits of new XaAES work also ...

Paul