Re: [MiNT] FVDI/XBIOS (was Re: XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3)

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 6:36 AM, Mark Duckworth
<mduckworth@atari-source.org> wrote:
> Lonny Pursell wrote:
>>
>> on 12/10/09 1:08 PM, Patrice Mandin wrote:
>>

>>> As a general rule, don't use Xbios functions if you want to draw stuff
>>> using VDI, and don't assume the VDI will give you the same
>>> framebuffer/output device as the one the Xbios function gives you.
>>>

>> Is there a way to get the screen address from the VDI without resorting to
>> an NVDI call, some way that is compatible with the old VDI in tos rom?
>>

> I was wondering this too for the obvious application vnc server.  You could
> take it one step further and create a network vdi that can do remote display
> ;)  I've been thinking about all of this but I'm so busy with work (which is
> not really what I expected for this winter).  How do screen capture apps
> work?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

I dont think you need me to comment on screen capture apps, I'll let
someone else give you more details in less paragraphs

But I thought you might be interested in the fact that XaAES has a TCP
screen test (and comment), but I am not certain that it is anything
more than that..

This of course presumes TC does not mean True Color in any way :)

typedef enum { D_LOCAL = 0, D_TCP = 1 } XA_DISPLAY;

Paul