Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

>>> I don't understand why no one ever seems to use vq_scrninfo(). If it
>>> has problems on some hardware, that should be easy to patch. Applying
>>> patches once, in one place, is certainly better than having every
>>> application doing it's own kind of detection code (often less than
>>> perfect).
>>>
>> sound like a good time to use "vq_scrninfo()." What are its impact for
>> non-fVDI's
>
> Because in NVDI its incomplete, or broken or however you wish to label it.

Well, I'm not claiming it returns all the correct values in fVDI
either, since I doubt anyone has ever tested that. Since setting up
the values are the responsibility of the driver, however, fixing it
for a specific case would be quite simple.

> Someone want to patch NVDI?  That would be a nice fix. It thats a reference
> to patching the NVDI binary itself or making a tiny TSR to replace
> q_scrninfo() that would run after NVDI in the auto folder?

I am indeed talking about that tiny TSR.
But, IIRC, it is not quite as simple as just loading after NVDI, since
I seem to recall that doing some funky stuff with the Trap #2 chain at
a later point in time.

Anyway, the TSR could use some _good_ method to discover the actual
screen layout (well, at least what you are supposed to do in an area
to be vro_cpyfm():ed, which is not necessarily the same (was it Jo
Even who mentioned that fVDI/RageII does not actually have the screen
layout that it claims to have? ;-)), or perhaps simply read it from a
config file.

/Johan