[MiNT] Malloc Bug

Hey guys,

More detail on the malloc bug. I've been able to almost consistently reproduce it on my gcc 4.4.x/cvs mintlib aranym system. The package that most consistently produces it is an rpm --rebuild of rcs. It dies like this:

/usr/include/ctype.h:76:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
gcc  -g -O ident.o rcsmap.o version.o  -o ident
gcc -c  -Dhas_conf_h  -I. -I. -g -O merge.c
make: ../mintlib/malloc.c:187: __free: Assertion `s == r' failed.
make: *** [install] Error 134
Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.54754 (%install)
root@arawork:/h/srpms>

Importantly, it has done this before, and now it is doing this every time I try. I'm assuming that if I reboot the problem will be gone. If it's not then we're really talking. But on this system I have done NOTHING more than start xaaes and do package builds so the problem lies within those facilities. Next time I will not start xaaes.

Thanks,
Mark