Re: [MiNT] GCC 4.4.3

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
I checked out
FreeMiNT from the CVS as a test, and compilation is really fast.

Yes, this is the very big advantage of the cross-compiler. It is very fast, especially on Linux. The Cygwin version is slower, but is is usually not important.

However, ld fails with the following message when attempting to link the
kernel:

/usr/lib/gcc/m68k-atari-mint/4.4.2/../../../../m68k-atari-mint/bin/ld:
cannot find -lgcc16

What did I do wrong? I used the 'CROSS=yes' option.

This is a hack Ozk has recently added, he should not have committed that. It was necessary with my GCC 4.4.2 patch because I didn't build the multilibs for m68020-60/mshort.

I have included all the required multilibs in the new GCC 4.4.3. So that flag -lgcc16 should be reverted to -lgcc, the good, standard way to do.

--
Vincent Rivière