Re: [MiNT] mono

On 1/28/10 6:37 AM, Benjamin Gandon wrote:
Helmut Karlowski a écrit :
Am 27.01.2010, 21:19 Uhr, schrieb Standa Opichal <opichals@seznam.cz>:

itself. Two basic common
things missing in our kernel for easy ports: virtual memory (and the libc mmap()) and threading (pthreads).

Somebody should provide these for FreeMiNT on the CF machine (and perhaps on 040/060) or you risk porting modern packages will always be great pain + rarely ever a possibility for upstream
acceptance.

I agree - This should be the main goal after the 1.17 release. But 030 could also get virtual memory.
I also heard about named pipes that are missing when trying to port GNU Screen. Ref: [fr] http://strider.mjjprod.free.fr/blog/index.php?post/2008/10/07/Compilation-de-rTorrent-et-de-GNU-Screen-sous-MiNT

Just wondering : are named pipes a must-have or something that can wait ?

IIRC with screen you can get around the named pipes issue but I ran into something else when porting it. I forget what now.

Thanks,
Mark