Re: [MiNT] mono

Hello Jo,

> Sounds like the perfect way of getting rid of me ;-) I would stop
> working on Ataris if something like this happened. I'm already using
> Linux, I don't need to run the same software on my Ataris. It would also
> exclude everyone using legacy hardware, as no real Atari is powerful
> enough to run NetBSD at a decent speed.

> We got to think about where we're headed. Is the ultimate goal of
> FreeMiNT that it should mimic unix as closely as possible? I'm not very
> interested in unix stuff, I just want to create and use GEM-applications
> in a stable, multitasking environment. I'd rather see time and effort
> spent on the GEM-part than being able to run the same programs as I use
> on my Linux-box (but slower).

> Jo Even

+1  from  me.  Porting mono apps (or X11/Gnome/KDE, etc) and modifying
MiNT  just  because  future  (or imaginary) hardware _might_ run them,
seems totally academic to me. If such a thing happens, my choice would
be to stick to older stuff.

If  some  people  want to follow that route, I'd suggest they create a
fork.

--
Best regards,
 George                            mailto:ggn@hol.gr