Re: [MiNT] Daily freemint kernel builds

From: "Lars Schmidbauer" <latzmaster@gmx.de>
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 11:11 AM
To: <mint@fishpool.com>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] Daily freemint kernel builds

Can you describe this further? Is there a key-repeat, wrong characters or
no key at all?

Most times the last pressed key is repeated; it occures for sure if a key
is hold for 3 or 4 seconds. It's very rare that no key is accepted, perhaps
then a keycode is repeated which is not used by Atari?

Do you have an Atari-keyboard too? It would be very interesting if this problem can be reproduced without an Eiffel, as it can explain the problem I'm having on my Milan.

An open fileselector blocks my internet-radio stream (FalcAmp). Is this
a problem with MinT (XaAES) or FalcAmp?

Does it block something else, so it can be reproduced on aranym for
example?

Hmm, ftp-download (toswin2/bash) works fine with open fileselector (opened
with qed). HighWire stops loading a large website until i press 'Cancel' in
fileselector (again opened from qed). What else can i test?

Could it be that the fileselector is blocking timer-events for some reason? You could try starting a clock of some sort (like the one in Taskbar) and see if it stops updating when the fileselector is open.

Taskbar:
If you have any other program with cascading popups, please try one and
see if you can reproduce this problem.

Sorry, but i can't remember any software with cascading popups...any ideas?

SMU.

Jo Even

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4827 (20100202) __________

http://www.eset.com