Re: [MiNT] LDG vs. SLB vs. custom OVL-thingies

I think Didier use SLB in Aniplayer, actually. But why dead? What's bad with it?
OK and when you have seen last Aniplayer release? :) I didn't say it's bad, it's just even more rarely used than LDG, nothing else.

What bothers me is that in order for this stuff to be really useful, it should somehow be part of the core OS distribution. Otherwise it's just another system patch, or hack, needed by some rare applications.
Well, both solutions serve this purpose: for LDG you don't need necessarily kernel (ldg.prg) and SLB is already part of FreeMiNT/MagiC/TOS+BetaDOS

Personally I'd like to turn some of my code into shared libraries, to avoid having to recompile and republish lots of stuff just because I fixed one of (many) bugs in personal libraries.
I guess an "official" line is too much to beg for here, because it's a matter of personal preference?
I understand... you can view it from the angle you're free to choose from two equally good options ;-)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org