Re: [MiNT] Daily freemint kernel builds

Am 01.02.2010, 11:45 Uhr, schrieb Lars Schmidbauer <latzmaster@gmx.de>:

-The "infinite key-repeat" bug (Eiffel) is still there, sometimes the
 keyboard simply stops working (no key is accepted).

Can you describe this further? Is there a key-repeat, wrong characters or no key at all? I don't have the eiffel-hardware, so I can't reproduce it. I only see sometimes that upper bit is set in typed characters in aranym, maybe that's related.

-Taskmanager: The little "load-window" in the top left corner don't look
 very nice (IMO it's not really useful anyway).

I've made this configurable. Currently the "Change resolution"-button is misused to
toggle it. Will send patches this week, I hope.

-Taskbar: The topmost submenu ("folders") is opened directly when clicking
 on start button.

I get a bus-error with my and afros-XaAES when I click on Start in
taskbar 4.12. Cannot fix it.

-Bash: When i open a shell in toswin2, a line
"id: cannot find name for group ID 121" (various IDs) is displayed before "user@host:/..." appears. In taskmanager i saw that this group id is from
 BUBBLEGEM.

In the toswin-window? If yes, I'm sure this not XaAES-related - id is a
separate program.

-XaAES/xa_boot.log: Now the resource of EVERY started program is logged in
 the file:
---snip---
Launch shell 'c:\mint\1-17-cur\teradesk\desktop.prg' with args 'No args'
LoadResources:c:\mint\1-17-cur\teradesk\desktop.rsc: size: (32922,32922)

This was just to test a test, it's gone now.

-Fileselector: Files with two points in name (e.g. xxx.tar.bz2) are not
 displayed if filemask ".bz2" is set in fileselector.

True. This has to be fixed.

 An open fileselector blocks my internet-radio stream (FalcAmp). Is this
 a problem with MinT (XaAES) or FalcAmp?

Does it block something else, so it can be reproduced on aranym for example?

I really hope that you can fix this eiffel-bug.

Not easy without the interface.

--
Helmut Karlowski