Re: [MiNT] 'cd' does not like u:

Helmut Karlowski wrote:

>> Yes, correct, but why should I do that? Basically you want me to add
>> code to my correctly working program so MiNT can be adapted to a buggy
>> program ;-)
>
> I rely on always to be on u: for any program (I know xaaes sets the
> drive too in the fileselector).

That may be OK in your case, but not in the general case.

> BTW: keyedit always opens its starting directory, no matter what I give
> to $SYSDIR.

Yes, but KeyEdit can optionally save iẗ́'s current layout to
$SYSDIR/keyboard.tbl when using the "Use layout"-button, and for that it
reads the contents of /kern/sysdir.

> When you want GEMDOS-path you can't use unix-shells (and other tools).

But is MiNT a GEMDOS-variant or unix-variant?

> But it's not a problem to convert the u:/c-style info /c-style inside
> the shell.
>
> There is some code for this conversion in mintlib, but I'm not familiar
> with it.

There is, which is why 'cd c:' works ;-) Fixing cd/MiNTlib so 'cd u:'
works too is IMO the correct way to deal with this situation.

Jo Even