Re: [MiNT] Patch for xaloader.prg

From: "Peter Persson" <pep.fishmoose@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 12:20 PM
To: "Jo Even Skarstein" <joska@online.no>
Cc: "mint_list" <mint@fishpool.com>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] Patch for xaloader.prg

Ofcourse - this stuff may be redundant if you use a boot loader. But personally I hate boot loaders, and I think the whole idea of copying and renaming binaries is nothing but awkward.

That's true, but when using a boot manager it's a lot easier to do this than editing configuration-files which I would have to do if I started everything from mint.cnf. But there's no problem in creating a boot-manager that works by manipulating mint.cnf or perhaps a startup-script run from mint.cnf. It could also (de)activate the correct device drivers for the current hardware.

Jo Even