[MiNT] binutils ld enhancement ?

Hi Vincent,

While doing some compilation testing with GCC and memory protection
enabled it's obvious that the stack size for a few of the binaries built
during GCC compilation need more than the standard mintlib configured
value.

Now, I know we have the --stack option to the linker, but that means
modifying the build files to add that and it's non-portable. So I'm
wondering if 'ld' can read this value from some pre-configured place,
like an /etc/xxx file or maybe /proc/xxx to find out what the current
stack size should be set to on compilations which would mean no changes
to the build files ? What do you think ?

Also, the ld --help output says that stack is set by --stack <size>
where it should say "--stack=<size', i.e. it's missing the equal.

Thanks,

Alan.