[MiNT] config.guess and config.sub

Hello.

The following 2 files are shipped with any GNU source package:

config.guess
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.guess;hb=HEAD
Attempt to guess a canonical system name.

config.sub
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.sub;hb=HEAD
Configuration validation subroutine script.

If I understood well, config.guess tries to guess the triplet of the build host (like m68k-atari-mint), and config.sub convert a specific or abbreviated configuration name to a standard triplet.

The links I have indicated above are the official ones. They have been containing references to MiNT for ages.

I wonder if these files needs updating.

Especially, in config.guess, is ${UNAME_RELEASE} relevant ?
Until now, I have removed that release version in the binutils/gcc patches to avoid problems.

There are references to milan and and hades. Is it a good thing ?
In that case, aranym should be added, because it returns "unknown" as machine.

I don't remember exactly, but if these scripts don't return the right value, some directories or prefixes are wrong when compiling the binutils and gcc natively.

Any remark will be appreciated about what should be done on these files. I think they are a prerequisite before integrating the MiNT patches into the official binutils and gcc.

--
Vincent Rivière