Re: [MiNT] double-click crash

On 05/11/2010 03:48 PM, Peter Slegg wrote:
> I also see that starting Texel 1.6 under MP crashes Thing.
>
> MP is very odd, I thought it should protect the system.

That is exactly what it does. Texel does what many MagiC-targeted apps
from the nineties does. It tells the AV-server to access memory private
to Texel. This is not allowed, and the offending app (in this case, the
AV-server which is attempting to access memory it's not allowed to) is
killed by the kernel.

You need to tell MiNT to allow other processes to read memory allocated
by Texel. Do this by setting the MP-flags in the program header to
Readable or Global (if Readable doesn't work).

Jo Even