Re: [MiNT] rpm building

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:36:30 , Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:

> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/i/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/jpeg-8b'
> > make: *** No rule to make target `install-lib'.  Stop.
> > Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.25039 (%install)

If I manually do

 make -n install-lib

the it fails because there is no install-lib target. I don't
know how these targets are defined. Presumably by the configure
step.

>From the install.txt with 8b:

--------
If you are on a Unix machine, you may not need to read this file at all.
Try doing
    ./configure
    make
    make test
If that doesn't complain, do
    make install

<snip>

If you generated a Makefile with "configure", it will do what it thinks
is the right thing if you say
    make install-lib

--------

So did the configure fail, did it need extra parameters ?

Peter