Re: [MiNT] rpm building

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 23:31:46 , m0n0 <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:

> Am Sonntag, den 13.06.2010, 22:18 +0200 schrieb Peter Slegg
> > On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:30:40 , Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>
> > wrote:
>
> > Should there be an install-lib file created by configure ?
>

> Hello,
>
> I don't know what package you are working on, but it seems you stumble
> about the make process, not about the specific make process of this
> package.
> Is that right?

libjpeg, make install works ok but make install-lib fails. I didn't
notice this until I tried to rpm the package and then I realised that
I had missed a step.

> If there is no such target, read the README and INSTALL files which where
> supplied with the Source package. Usually you don't have to call
> exotic targets like install-lib, and even if you have to, my experience
> is, these target are called something like: install.lib by the makefile
> developer.
> But I don't know if this is an generic rule.

So should there be a file called install-lib for the make install-lib
command ?

> The makefile is sometimes produced by the configure process. That's right.
> You should have a look at the produced Makefile and see what targets are in
> there ;)

I had a look but I am not sure what I am looking for. I discovered the
-d option for make and it produces loads of stuff until...

 Trying pattern rule with stem `install-lib'.
 Trying implicit prerequisite `install-lib.o'.
 Looking for a rule with intermediate file `install-lib.o'.
  Avoiding implicit rule recursion.
  Trying pattern rule with stem `install-lib'.
  Rejecting impossible implicit prerequisite `install-lib.c'.
  Trying pattern rule with stem `install-lib.o'.
  Trying implicit prerequisite `install-lib.o,v'.
  Trying pattern rule with stem `install-lib.o'.
  Trying implicit prerequisite `RCS/install-lib.o,v'.
  Trying pattern rule with stem `install-lib.o'.
  Trying implicit prerequisite `RCS/install-lib.o'.
  Trying pattern rule with stem `install-lib.o'.
  Trying implicit prerequisite `s.install-lib.o'.
  Trying pattern rule with stem `install-lib.o'.
  Trying implicit prerequisite `SCCS/s.install-lib.o'.
 No implicit rule found for `install-lib'.
 Finished prerequisites of target file `install-lib'.
Must remake target `install-lib'.
make: *** No rule to make target `install-lib'.  Stop.

It seems to me that configure is not making the install-lib
file or it is missing from the source tar.gz

Thanks,

Peter