Re: [MiNT] rpm building

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:25:59 , m0n0 <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:

> Am Montag, den 14.06.2010, 11:39 +0200 schrieb Peter Slegg
>
> > According to the install.txt:
> >
> > If you want to install the IJG library itself, for use in compiling
> other
> > programs besides ours, then you need to put the four include files
> >     jpeglib.h jerror.h jconfig.h jmorecfg.h
> > into your include-file directory, and put the library file libjpeg.a
> > (extension may vary depending on system) wherever library files go.
> > If you generated a Makefile with "configure", it will do what it thinks
> > is the right thing if you say
> >     make install-lib
> >
> > When I try it:
> >
> > bash-2.05a# make install-lib
> > make: *** No rule to make target `install-lib'.  Stop.
>

> As a workaround you can locate libjpeg in the directory where you called
> make and install the lib manualy with the install command. Probably several
> files  need to be copied, not just the libjpeg.

I am not sure what you mean. I have done make install to install the
lib but to install the dev stuff I need to either do make install-lib
or copy the .h files as suggested in the install.txt

"If you want to install the IJG library itself, for use in compiling other
programs besides ours, then you need to put the four include files
    jpeglib.h jerror.h jconfig.h jmorecfg.h
into your include-file directory, and put the library file libjpeg.a
(extension may vary depending on system) wherever library files go.
If you generated a Makefile with "configure", it will do what it thinks
is the right thing if you say
    make install-lib"

But this won't help me with the rpm spec file and I don't want to
hack that.

> Did you have a look at the previous src rpms of libjpeg?

I am to build the v6 source.

Peter