Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.59.1 for your testing pleasure....

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 18:48:36 , Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr> wrote:

> 2) The aggressive strict aliasing optimization enabled by default. This
> causes compile time warnings and sometimes bugs. If bugs are
> encountered, we can turn off that optimization manually with
> -fno-strict-aliasing and see if things improves. Then fix the source of
> the bug with the help of the warnings.
>
> I don't know anything else. These 2 kind of fixes will improve the code
> quality, the sources will remain compatible with GCC 2.x.

I was going to say that I haven't much experience of gcc but from
other compiler experience, moving to newer version often finds
obscure bugs and the code it better for it.

I hope to switch to gcc4 when everyone is happy. I'll be using it
for Highwire.

Peter