[MiNT] AW: Re: www-browser engines

Christian Hellmuth wrote:

> Exactly my opinion beetle! A browser running on modern atari setups and bei=
> ng maybe too slow on standard machines wouldn't hurt anyone! But it would m=
> ake our platform much more usable and attractive for everyone! Highwire is =
> an excellent solution for ataris with less horsepower, but kind of unsatisf=

I had always the feeling Highwire is damn slow (even on aranym-jit) esp. for
long pages.

> ying for high end ataris and clones as on those there would be much more po=
> ssible for sure! I truly believe that question of browser is question about=
>  future of tos and mint if we want this to become (again) a modern and usab=
> le platform not only a kind of enhanced retro system we definately need a b=
> rowser!

Is there a port of the text-only version of links? I use this quite
frequently on cygwin: It's fast, easy to use and displays nearly no ads.

Once the firebee has made its way there will surely be ports of mozilla and
opera ;)

-Helmut