[MiNT] Porting newer version of libfreetype

Hello,

it would be good to have a newer version of libfreetype for sparemint,
because the netsurf browser can use that as an font backend if you
configure it in the make files. The internal rendering seems to be buggy
with Atari (and Amiga also, they suggest using freetype).

Because the Netsurf freetype usage depends on some newer structs, I would
like to port a newer version ( > 2.3.x ) .

Frank Naumann ported the 2.0 package.

He included some patches in the rpm. Is there an specific way how to
transport these patches into the newer official releases? Or should I look
into the 2.3.x sources, find the critical code lines and create new
patches? Of course,  I'm not talking about applying the patches to the
current release... I just don't like the thought that we need to create a
new patch, everytime we compile a new version....

Maybe there is an "official" way how to handle it... it seems a bit sad
that fixes for sparemint (mostly) ain't go into the "official" packages :)