Re: [MiNT] patch:MiNT:single-task

Alan Hourihane wrote:

> Could PD have redirected output to file descriptor -1 ?

Is there a way to test this? If it would be redirected then the close
should be performed.

> By not closing are we risking losing some data here.

Yes, this could possibly occur.

> Can you give some help on what F/M_DONT_STOP imply ?

>From my changelog:

---
To control this currently there has to be the bit 16 (0x10000) set in
p_flags of the relevant binary.

Any client that has bit 17 (0x20000) set, is not stopped except when the
single-task-app has this bit also set, i.e. when it has 0x3xxxx.
---

Ths F_defines are used in p_flags in the basepage and configurable by the
user. Because XaAES cannot access the basepage of other processes, they
are translated to the new proc.modeflags (The M_-defines). The use of
modeflags also eases the code a bit (not 4 -> but 1).

> What happens with the existing keyboard timeout routines that you need
> to bypass them ?

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. The pending timeouts when
ST-mode is entered? I don't think there are any and if so, it's not a
desaster to lose 1 keypress (a lost release cannot do anything because
there is no keyrepeat in ST-mode).

The reason to bypass the timeout is that PD disables the timer-interrupt
(I think) and there would only be one keypress possible. The same
happens when you boot with GEM=ROM on original hardware (don't know why
it happens there). I was thinking to extend this for the ROM-desktop to
have keyboard there too.

-Helmut