Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.59.1 Release?

> That "-g use libc_g.a" feature is very annoying, it is specific to MiNT,
> hardcoded into the GCC patch.
> I'm pretty sure there is a lot of software compiled with a debug MiNTLib
> because of that.
Vincent, you're right, I've noticed this some years ago but somehow I
didn't search further. It's really interesting our platform so insists
on having _g variants of libc & friends for -g switch. On Linux, even
when you install -dbg / -debug package, you still have to specify path
to that library via LD_LIBRARY_PATH for example. At least on my Linux
I can observe this behavior.

And honestly, how many times did you guys use debugging facilities of
libc? I can't remember even one occasion... the biggest trouble is
when you compile -g -m68020-60 -- compiler is looking for
/usr/lib/m68020-60/libc_g.a, not found, let's revert to
/usr/lib/libc_g.a => trouble. Too bad easymint install this by
default, so as you say, a lot of binaries is for sure compiled with
non-optimized, 68000 version of libc :(.

What do you say about killing this feature in next release of gcc? (as
I understand it's mint-specific thing)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org