Re: [MiNT] Keyboard-problem with XaAES helmut-branch

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 1:52 AM, Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 18:40:11 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
>>
>> Do you also have this Ctrl-Q-Problem?
>>

> I have seen it but have never been able to reproduce it.
>
> Peter

There seems to be 2 associated problems
1) ramdisk
2) key combos (ctrl or ctrl+alt)

the ramdisk issue is directly related to the clipboard, in that is the
ramdisk is the referenced path, and the folder exists, it causes an
error, which then (appears to) hang certain parts of the system (key
handling), even when the offending process is killed

I know ARAnyM has just been updated to allow clipboard on ALL OS's,
and I know that they hook/use ramdisk code present in MiNT.

Their docs refer to some incomplete code is the ramdisk (maybe
incomplete is the wrong word)

questions:
1) is there a way to see if the ramdisk code has been updated
2) are there any other parts of the OS that have been updated that may
affect the ramdisk, by inclusion or exclusion
3) why is there an unhandled error if a folder on the ramdisk already exists
4) how is an unhandled error on folder creation affecting keyboard
handling (in XaAES?)
5) are there any other combination of clipboard path & AES that
do/dont work correctly

I cant say is I have ever had this problem, as I dont tend to use the
keyboard shortcuts, but I have/do use lots of different kernels & AES
combinations.

I am also in the habit of leaving QED open for a full session, not
restarting it.

All the .cnf I have use always set C:\clipbrd or similar (always on C:)

This post was just to recap what I have read here (and other threads),
maybe it will help clarify a connection, or a place to start looking
for the problem

My biggest question is:
How does a folder creation error affect a keyboard handling routine?

Cheers

Paul