Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

Am Mo, 5.07.2010, 13:59 schrieb Jo Even Skarstein:

>> I think NVDI has some functions to handle and convert bit-depths. Maybe
>
> IIRC this is only up to 8 bit depths.

NVDI also has some kind of "intensity" definition for colors... to me this
sounds like an increase of the available colors. But even if it provides a
bunch of more colors, it's an interface that didn't really grab my
attention, was also a bit confusing to me - maybe my fault. Anyway, If
this would be the way to get an clean approach for high-color display, I
would like to use that API... but after all it's NVDI and to me it sounds
a bit absurd: using closed source within an open source project... NVDI
isn't sold anymore, and I think we shouldn't rely on it, because it's not
getting newer ;)

Greets,
Ole