[MiNT] The Thing vs. XaAES issue.

Hi,

I've posted about this before, but I'm somehow not really sure what happened with this. Thing and XaAES does not quite get along nowadays (1-17). There is a window focus problem.

Now, Thing is one of only three desktops which conforms to "modern" specifications. No matter if the problem is due to a mishap in Thing or if it's a bug in XaAES, the application in question is significant to the platform. In other words, it must work. If not, a workaround is required. Don't get me wrong - I bloody hate workarounds, and bugs should be fixed at the source, but in some sence the AES has to offer some degree of bug-to-bug compatibility.

Thing works well with 1-16. So what exactly happened, and how can it be fixed?

I'll be downgrading to 1-16 again very soon, because this kind of issue effectively prevents me from using my machine. That's bad.

-- PeP