Re: [MiNT] Blessing the 1.17 release

 On 7/31/10 12:43 PM, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
Am 31.07.2010, 16:26 Uhr, schrieb Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk>:

Helmut - if there are fixes on your branch that should be in the trunk
please commit them now.

Roughly the fixes are:

1. fix shutdown (esp. if GEM=ROM) - see

http://sparemint.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=162

2. allow a tty to be opened for non-blocking IO. This is just a few days old and has not been well tested nor discussed.

3. enable gcc2-compilation.

4. improved load-calculation: use time not spent in kernel to get load instead of counting running processes every 5 seconds. But this contradicts to the docs in

http://info2html.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/info2html-demo/info2html?(libc.info.gz)Processor%2520Resources

"
 processors are not already overused.  Unix systems calculate something
 called the "load average".  This is a number indicating how many
 processes were running.  This number is average over different periods
 of times (normally 1, 5, and 15 minutes).
"

Obviously the new method is more exact e.g. the original did not see any process that starts and terminates between two samples.

Also there's a lot of debug-code because I encountered some timing-issues on aranym that may affect the load-calculation and other things.

5. Add some stack-checking code to find the bug that caused pixel-detection to fail (obsolete IMHO).

6. because sys_b_bioskeys is not reentrant, don't permit it to be entered again using kbd_lock-semaphore. There's still the possibility that the process that called sys_b_bioskeys crashes during execution of sys_b_bioskeys, and kbd_lock is never reset, so one can only reboot.

7. Alans patch to fix the key-repeat on aranym.

If no one that uses my kernel sees no problems with the shutdown (1.) I will commit that. Any other on demand.

Did you find a solution for the renaming loaded files on FAT?

I guess I have to start another thread for my pending XaAES-changes.

Maybe or maybe not a kernel problem but on boot on all system types, my terminal doesn't really work properly (this is the main getty terminal before starting an aes). If I hit up or down it just moves to the next word and backspace doesn't work, only delete.

Thanks,
Mark