Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

Am Donnerstag, den 15.07.2010, 12:09 +0200 schrieb Peter Persson
<pep.fishmoose@gmail.com>:

> But it's perfectly acceptable in truecolor resolutions? Ofcourse there's
> difference. Banging the screen directly is dangerous, because it may not
> even work. On some graphics hardware, you don't even have access to the
> framebuffer, which could lead to a crash. The worst thing that can
happen
> if you blit something is that it'll look ugly.

Screen rendering should be as fast as possible, VDI does not seem to offer
it.
But instead of always reinventing the wheel, it would be good to have an
Lib that can handle it. That way someone doesn't have to get into Pixel
Format code etc. and just do the stuff he is really interested in.

That's why I'll try to use SDL... create an invisible surface and blit
that into GEM windows... maybe it will work. :)

When SDL will not work question to me will be: Why the hell does this to
be coded newly/different in each and every app?

Greets,
Ole