Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

Am Montag, den 05.07.2010, 17:30 +0200 schrieb Peter Persson
<pep.fishmoose@gmail.com>:

> You need to implement an array of functions to convert graphics to the
> current pixel format. The VDIs available does not provide safe/useful
> information about this,
> unfortunately. The only way to know for sure is to probe the screen,
i.e.
> blit a block with known data to the screen and read it back using a
pixel
> read function.

What about the fVDI? It seems to support 16bit natively. I haven't used
fVDI really... I know aranym uses it, but that's all that I really know
about it.
My falcon is not running with it, but I expect it would, wouldn't it?

the klockars.net page is currently down, but the google cache page gives
some infos. It seems fVDI has some support for true color, but
http://www.sophics.cz/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/fvdi/fvdi/drivers/ just shows an
driver for 16 bit... I think it would be perfectly possible to add 32 bit
drivers... I'm sure someone will implement that when the firebee is
available?...

Seems like this fVDI thing could really provide an convenient API for true
color stuff...