Re: [MiNT] keyboard.tbl / wiki addition / sparemint.org down?

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 00:01:56 , Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> That was exactly my point Alan! Lazy people like me aren't comfortable
> >> with testing something such "boring" as daily builds. But when we have
> >> some RC, something like "people, this is really going to be
> >> released!!!", I wake up and start testing. This is the reason why I
> >> asked for direct link for an archive, not some generic daily builds
> >> link.
> >
> > Exactly my point. It's still a daily build whether someone blesses it
> > with "RC" status or not.
> >
> > I might as well always call the daily builds as RC builds as that's what
> > they ultimately are. We're always tracking the trunk for a release
> > whether that be 1.17.0 or 1.18.0 or something else. No testing of these,
> > means no bug reports until a flurry of RC testing. That's bad for
> > developers who get an influx of bugs when we're just about to release.
> > I'd rather spread bug reports out and ensure people do test daily builds
> > when they can instead of leaving it to "RC" status.
> >
> > And therefore I now announce there are no longer any daily builds, I
> > bless the "RC builds", but they're in the same location. :-)
> >
> > Alan.
> >
> :)
>
> see my other post..
>
> BTW are the builds of mintlib also current?
>
> Paul

It's been many years since we had a full release like the old beta on the
sparemint website, so it is inevitable that there will be hitches and
changes.

I am sure we will arrive at a simple enough process that meets the needs
of the developers and users.

The daily build system has been working well and once this release is
under our belt me can maybe move to doing a more regular "RC" and
stable release.

It's good to see things moving along. Great work everyone.

Peter